Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Civil 3D 2015 Essentials is Now Available

I'm excited to announce that the great folks at Wiley/Sybex have let me produce another version of Civil Essentials, this time for Civil 3D 2015.

Each year we try to make the book even better and I think this year's release is the best one yet. What I like most about it is that it is formatted more for classroom learning with defined exercises that are listed in the table of contents.

Also, there are begin and end versions of the exercise files so that you can compare your results with what they should be. Of course, all of the images and content are updated to be consistent with the 2015 release, and that was a big job with the drastic change to the 2015 user interface.

Of course it is still great for learning on your own, even better in fact.

Please check out AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 Essentials and consider using it for training your employees, your students, or yourself!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Eric,
    I just received my instructor copy of your new 2015 Essentials Civil 3D book that I am using in the fall semester. This will be the first time using your material but it looks like it will be very good. I noticed in looking at last years book, there was a link to a companion site that had a lot more information including a syllabus, bonus questions, power points, etc. Will there be this same data available for this years book? And when? I always enjoyed your classes at AU. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of all, thanks for using the book! Yes, the same instructor materials will available in this version, plus more! If you're having trouble getting to it, send an e-mail to the address shown in the front of the book.

      Delete
  2. have your book but cannot find anywhere to download your zip files to complement the book and my learning :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eric. I have your Civil 3D book, and I'm following both the courses on Lynda. My question is regarding complex intersections (not a steady radius), or compound curves for junctions.
    How do you do this???? Do you have to create a feature line where you want the new kerb to be??
    (Lynda only shows steady radius intersection design, and we don't always design to those in reality!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mr. Chappell. I just wanted to say that I appreciate your work, both with the books and on Lynda.com. It's really great. Keep up the good work. And thank you.

    ReplyDelete