Now I may be exposing myself to a total "Duh!" moment, but I spend just about every day immersed in Civil 3D and today was the first time I went to this place for anything. So, if it happened to me, chances are it has happened to someone else...hence this Blog post.
What I was looking for was the Borehole Importer extension, which I found. But what really got my attention were the features built within the Transportation Extension, many of which were useful on all types of projects, not just transportation.
Below is a list of what's there for Civil 3D 2012. Maybe there is something in here that you will find useful?
Also, @C3DPlus posted this review of the Transportation Extension back when this extension was released for 2011. It contains tons of detailed info about this extension.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 DACH Extension
- AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012 Object Enablers
- CAiCE Translator Extension for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 Spanish Import Export Tools
- Autodesk Subassembly Composer Support Pack for AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 & 2012
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 Cartogramma Extension
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 Borehole 64bit
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 PISTE Extension
- Open Light 2012 Object Enabler (32-bit and 64-bit)
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 Transportation Extension
- Check alignment geometry – enables users to check alignment geometry for tangency conditions, and automatically fix inconsistencies.'
- Show / Hide Labels – enables users to show and hide all Civil 3D labels.
- Surface high / Low points – enables users to automatically generate Civil 3D points at surface high/low points.
- Export Civil Data (to survey formats – RD5 and TP5) – enables users to export Civil 3D alignments, profiles, and corridors to a TDS .rd5 roadway file and/or .tp5 template file.
- Import Raw Data (imports Star*Net data) – enables users to import a Star*Net .dat file.
- Create surface from photogrammetric data – provides a simple import functionality for surface creation from layer based AutoCAD 3D linework and points (lines, arcs, polylines, and point entities residing on user selected layers). Additionally, the utility allows users to append AutoCAD entities to an existing surface.
- 11 Reports – globally beneficial
- AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2012 Object Enablers (32-bit and 64-bit)