Friday, April 15, 2011

Getting Rid of Those Pesky Project Associations

Not sure how, but I ended up with a bunch of drawings that reference a project they have nothing to do with. This was mildly annoying because the project name was displayed next to the drawing name at the top of the screen. Then, when I deleted the project it became just too much to bear. Each time I opened one of these orphaned drawings, the command line would report that it could not find the project - oh the horror.

The solution?
  1. Right-click Data Shortcuts and select Associate Project to Multiple Drawings
  2. Select <None> as the project
  3. Point to the folder containing the drawings
Intuitive?  I'll let you decide.

WARNING - This procedure will open and save your drawings in the background.  I thought that was interesting.  I expected the project association to be managed in an XML file somewhere but its apparently stored in the drawing file itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment